Creating Plugins and Source Repository

Third party plugins, patches, bugfixes
steve@lyonstribe.com

Creating Plugins and Source Repository

Post by steve@lyonstribe.com »

Hi I'm new to the Forma LMS platform and have a couple of questions/observations about the development of the platform.

1. Is there any documentation for creating plugins? I see that there are several which ship with version 2.4.4 (in the plugins folder) but I cannot find anything on the documentation side of the site (other than their installation etc) to help and make sure you stick to best practices and don't end up creating antipatterns. I'm happy to write one that will give me the functionality I require but currently it looks like I will have to take an existing one and try and use one of those as the basis for what I need. Is this the only way or is there some sort of guide to their creation?

2. Is there a source code repository that the community can contribute to? I found two, one on github and one on sourceforge but they are both extremely old and don't look to be maintained now so just wondering how the community is supposed to help enhance and contribute to the product?

Thanks
Steve
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Creating Plugins and Source Repository

Post by alfa24 »

1) find attached a reference doc, I downloaded it somewhere on Forma sites but I can't find it anymore
Forma Plugin System - Developer.pdf
(238.49 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
2) no public repository, no bug tracker... it's a long time discussion
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
steve@lyonstribe.com

Perfect thank you @alfa24 that is very helpful, shame there is no public repo though as I'm sure there would be people in the community willing to help deliver future enhancements (and fix any bugs too).
Cheers
CisterNino
FormaLms User

Post by CisterNino »

Steve,
here attached a fresher version of the same doc Alfa123 sent.
Attachments
Tutorial plugin system (1).pdf
(87.97 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
I'm Livio, the Two. If you need, you can contact the one.
steve@lyonstribe.com

Thank you CisterNino!

Cheers