Config file

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
grant

Config file

Post by grant »

Hi there,
I'm new to FormaLMS and am working through an installation for a first time, on a Virtualbox VM with Ubuntu 20.04 Server.

I've followed the installation guide and successfully completed the installation up to step 8. The config file has been downloaded manually (the installer link is: 'http://(mydomain)/formalms/install/download_conf.php') and placed in the FormaLMS root directory as the guide and installation wizard suggest. However FormaLMS doesn't open when visiting http://(mydomain)/formalms/).

I've also read through all the forum posts that I can find about the config.php file (not download_conf.php???), and tried various solutions (including checking/changing permissions) but nothing has worked.

Please help.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Config file

Post by alfa24 »

Hi,
what error code do you get when you try to visit the LMS home page?
If it's a 500 error, you should enable debug in config.php (yes, it must be named config.php, NOT download_conf.php, and it must be put in the root of your installation) or have a look to your webserver error logs.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
grant

Post by grant »

The error when visiting http://(mydomain)/formalms/ is simply "site/page cannot be reached" with Chrome & Edge, but a blank page in Firefox.

The error.log file contains the following 4 lines:
PHP Warning: include(bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/formalms/config.php on line 2
PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening 'bootstrap.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/formalms/config.php on line 2
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant _installer_ - assumed '_installer_' in /var/www/html/formalms/config.php on line 7
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function generateConfig() in /var/www/html/formalms/config.php:8\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/formalms/lib/lib.bootstrap.php(141): require()\n#1 /var/www/html/formalms/lib/lib.bootstrap.php(81): Boot::config()\n#2 /var/www/html/formalms/index.php(35): Boot::init(11)\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/formalms/config.php on line 8

Note there is no /usr/share/php directory and hence no bootstrap.php file
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

I'm afraid you've missed something in the installation process or the file system copy.
I can't help without being on your instance.
grant

Post by grant »

Ok I'll go through the installation process again (for the fourth time but probably the last time).

Note in this last attempt, all of the 1.0 Server Specifications were satisfied, as well as all of the 2.0 Database requirements under the Requirements article. Each step of the 1.0 Installation Procedure was done in the Installation and Upgrade article. And each step in the installation wizard was completed, including uploading the config.php file (with the correct permissions).

If something has been missed, then it is not documented or it relies on 'existing' knowledge/experience beyond FormaLMS (e.g. server OS, web server/MySQL config, etc) which I haven't got (yet).

Thanks for the responses alfa24
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

You're welcome.
If you need system engineering kind of help, feel free to contact me in private.
grant

Post by grant »

I followed the installation documentation with a fresh installation and the same result. Installation successfully complete, i.e. no errors but can't open the FormaLMS homepage ("can't be reached").

The error log (already pasted here) shows that the config.php file is looking for the bootstrap.php file, which is suppose to be found in path /usr/share/php. This directory doesn't exist and the bootstrap.php file is in the /var/www/html/fomralms/install directory. During the installation process is the /usr/share/php directory suppose to be created and is the bootstrap.php file suppose to be copied there? Or should this be done manually?

I did try this manually but the result was no different. The error log simply showed the bootstrap.php was not the problem but the subsequent lines in the config.php file generated the errors, also to do with file locations.

Any thoughts?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

As I stated before, I can't do much more here.
But I have one question: what version of FormaLMS are you trying to install?
grant

Post by grant »

v2.3.0
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

So, it's not a forma issue. I installed that version several times. You need system engineering assistance.