- Create the database on your dbserver:
- If the db user have permissions, the installer can create database for you
- You can use any db admin tool as phpmyadmin
If you use a prepackaged webserver on your PC , the default db admin link is http://localhost/mysql/ or http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Be sure you have your database parameters available (host, user, password, dbname)
- The database must be defined with UTF8 encoding
- Upload all the files in your root directory or subfolder.
- If you want use at runtime FTP upload features, be sure you have your ftp parameters (host, user, password),
- forma.lms web is protected with apache .htaccess files from unauthorized use. Often dot-files are hidden from view. Check your environment and be sure that also these files are uploaded
- Launch http://www.yoursite.com/install/
- Follow installation instructions. Note: during installation a config file is created in the application root directory. In case your root is missing writing permissions, you can download it from the link provided on the last installation step, and upload it manually.
- To secure you installation, at the end of install, remove or rename the folders install and
During the install procedure, the system will load XML file languages.
Depending on number of language chosen, this operation can take some time in order to complete
- Make a full backup of db and files, and make sure that you have a full backup that you can trust and recover if needed
- Export the language files (if you did any customization), to import them again after the upgrade
- Delete all files and directories excluding
- the folder files/ and all subfolders and files
- the folder customscripts
- your own templates in templates/<yourowntemplate> (if you have any)
- the config.php file in root folder
- Upload the new files
- The upgrade procedure needs resources under install folder, so make sure to upload also this one
- Forma.lms web is protected with apache .htaccess files from unauthorized use. Often dot-files
are hidden from view. Check your environment and be sure that also these files are uploaded
- Launch http://www.yourwebsite.com/upgrade
- Follow upgrade instructions.
- As final step of the upgrade, the procedure imports and updates all languages previously defined with the standard translations.
- At the end of upgrade, go to the "Administration panel/Language" to import your own language files
- To secure you installation, at the end of upgrade, remove or rename the folders install and upgrade.
The procedure may change for you the config.php file, or ask you to download it and upload to the web root folder, if not writable
Upgrade from version 2.xx
During upgrade from forma.lms 2.x to forma.lms 2.2 and later, pay attention to
Template 2.0 and 2.1 are not compatible with 2.2
During the upgrade the site template is updated to "standard".
Minimum template version required (see release notes)
Upgrade from version 1.xx
During upgrade from forma.lms 1.x to forma.lms 2.xx, pay attention to
after upgrade the DB are not full compatible with forma.lms 1.xx, and there is no path to go back.
Made a backup before upgrade
Template 1.xx are not compatible with 2.xx
During the upgrade the site template is updated to "standard"
c) Dropped feature
All customization made through customscripts/ must be reviewed and ported to the 2.0 current
version. forma.lms does not check base version file with your customized version in customscripts
folder. There is no version check support for customscripts files
e) The update detects the use of the mysql / mysqli driver and changes the configuration appropriately
At the end of the upgrade process, check all the system configuration settings to validate your needs. The update procedure tries to keep the settings, but new options have been added and others have been removed
Please, double check above release notes before upgrading
Upgrade from docebo ce 3.x, docebo ce 4.x
You can directly upgrade your old docebo (either series 3.6.x and 4.x) installations to forma.lms 2.x
The config.php file is completely changed from D36 and with more config options since D4.x
The upgrade procedure change for you the config.php and write (if writable), or require you to download it and upload to the web root folder.
Coming from D36 review the config.php and add your own settings, if needed