PHPmailer Disfunction

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
ZenZephyr7

PHPmailer Disfunction

Post by ZenZephyr7 »

I have been working at a PHPmailer Dysfunction for weeks now. None of my students are receiving confirmation emails. My site host ran a test and concluded that the error is in the Forma script, but I can't find it anywhere. I have tried deleting all my files and re-installing Forma from scratch. The only constant has been my server, which I have not changed or reset. I am wondering if I need to start a new server and migrate my users and records over. I have also tried updating PHPmailer with the files available on github.

So far, nothing seems to help. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: PHPmailer Disfunction

Post by max »

Hi,

sorry, but Forma correctly sends emails, I guess something in your configuration is not right.
What version of Forma are you on?
Have you configured the SMTP sender?
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

I experienced issues with phpmailer instance of Forma many times, but all different from each other. Sometimes it was the SMTP protocol, sometimes the certificate, sometimes it was due an SPF setting in the DNS record.
It's nearly impossible to investigate without being on your server, but a medium skilled system engineer can surely do the trick.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
ZenZephyr7

Post by ZenZephyr7 »

I think you might be on to something about the spf record. What did you do to fix it?
ZenZephyr7

Post by ZenZephyr7 »

max wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:16 pm Hi,

sorry, but Forma correctly sends emails, I guess something in your configuration is not right.
What version of Forma are you on?
Have you configured the SMTP sender?
I’m using v2.3.0. I can’t get SMTP to connect to any of my SMTP relays, including localhost:25, so I’m just using the default PHPmailer. I’ve got a feeling it could be the SPF record, but I’m not sure.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

ZenZephyr7 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 am I think you might be on to something about the spf record. What did you do to fix it?
https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/spf/how-t ... xt-record/
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
kamaldua

Post by kamaldua »

check my post above, you may be having same issue.