Updating scorm items in 3.6 and 4.05

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
ebsi
FormaLms User

Updating scorm items in 3.6 and 4.05

Post by ebsi »

Hi All

I have a large number of course units that need to be updated and put on docebo.

My question is, how can I upload the scorm to REPLACE the existing scorm unit without having to put a new unit? I want to preserve students statuses from having done the older units.

My question has two parts:

1) units originally in toolbook dhtml - can I just ftp the new unit into the old unit's directory in files/docebolms/scorm/?

2) if unit has been redone (same content but in Articulate storyline) do I have to reupload the fresh unit or can I get away with just replacing the old dhtml content with the new swf content in the same folder?

My main hope is that my students dont feel obliged to redo the course units again just because we transposed over to new course delivery system.

Regards

Thomas
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: Updating scorm items in 3.6 and 4.05

Post by alberto »

Hi Thomas, if the content structure (imsmanifes.xml and fileystem) is EXACTLY the same you can simply update the contents via FTP, otherwise you'll need to upload a new package loosing user tracking.

If the unit has been redone with a different technology/tool, probably the files structure will be different, so I think you'll have to upload your scorm as a new object.
ebsi
FormaLms User

Post by ebsi »

Yep I expect you are right... thanks for clarification on that... at least if we want to make minor updates moving forward it will be easier to do it...

Say I wanted to do in the backend and update the scorm data relating to the unit so that the student's completed/incompleted info was still preserved for that unit... how would you suggest I do it? What tables would I have to update manually and how?

Regards

Thomas
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

The general status info for any object (including tests, html, eccc) is in table "learning_commontrack".

Then every LO type has it's own detail tracking table, fors scorm is learning_scorm_tracking for scorm package status and learning_scorm_items_track for single lessons tracking.

If you want to create the trackings on a brand new object you'll need to add the required rows to each table, since they are not created automatically on object upload but on first user access.