Scorm Load from xml 403 access denied

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
BigData

Scorm Load from xml 403 access denied

Post by BigData »

Hi,

I have been experimenting with Forma LMS and run into a strange issue. After successfully uploading a scorm file, when I try to open it, I get a "Load from xml" error message. With a bit of hacking I managed to print out the source, and it is the scormXmlTree.php and the problem is 403 access denied.

Can it be an installation or configuration issue? (It was deployed by the Softaculous app installer.) Or a problem with the scorm file? (It was created by eXe.) Maybe my users are not added to the system or to the course properly? Can somebody give me a hint where to continue my investigation?

best regards,
bd
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Scorm Load from xml 403 access denied

Post by alfa24 »

Please provide exact debug error stack trace alongwith php version.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
BigData

Post by BigData »

I wish I had access to the logs. All I have is:
Load from xml:[site]/appLms/modules/scorm/scormXmlTree.php?idscorm_organization=10&idReference=10&environment=course_lo&time=1591523575098 403 Access denied

Actually nothing is accessible under appLms/modules (I guess it is good as is) but I see in the .htaccess that scormXmlTree should have been still accessible, somehow it did not take effect.

Perhaps the easiest solution is to move environment...
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Chmod 755 all files in folder?
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

BigData wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:56 pm Hi,

I have been experimenting with Forma LMS and run into a strange issue. After successfully uploading a scorm file, when I try to open it, I get a "Load from xml" error message. With a bit of hacking I managed to print out the source, and it is the scormXmlTree.php and the problem is 403 access denied.

Can it be an installation or configuration issue? (It was deployed by the Softaculous app installer.) Or a problem with the scorm file? (It was created by eXe.) Maybe my users are not added to the system or to the course properly? Can somebody give me a hint where to continue my investigation?

best regards,
bd
it can be either as Alfa24 is suspecting, or something with your scorm being malformed. Have you tried uploading your package to the free service scorm.cloud? It is the best way to see if there is something wrong with it.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
BigData

Post by BigData »

When I install forma lms on xampp, the scorm file works fine, everything works fine. On the server, despite Apache is quasi the same, the app is the same, the scorm is the same, chmod is correct, I get the 403. If no user ever faced this scenario, while I truly appreciate your help, do not waste your time on me, I will just look for another test environment.