first of all, welcome to our community!
I tested some scorm objects from the content library, they display correctly. Tbh, none of them was created with Adobe Captivate (we normally use other tools).
Does your scorm display correctly if you play it locally?
Have you tried to play it inside a course, in the Student Area>course documents menu item (where it is supposed to be displayed, actually)?
from these 2 errors all I can say is that there are some miscommunications between the object and the lms.
Do you only get this error with this object or with all of them? If it's only this one, you might want to change your publishing and/or tracking options and do some testing.
I would advise to publish and upload a very short test LO with 2 questions, just to see how it behaves.
If you still have issues, you can
- send me your captivate project with a wetransfer or something like that
- tell me with what version of Captivate you published it
welcome on board!
Try a little troubleshooting to understand what the issue is:
- does the course display correctly when viewed locally?
- did you upload it to Forma in a web environment or in a local installation?
(I am asking because Articulate itself says that content viewed locally might have issues)
These will have to be taken up with the developers as this is code that they use to insert information into the database, it seems that the mysql code being used is generating errors when you insert an entry into the database. the full query will need to be debugged to see what the full mysql code is. Have you checked on the online forums regarding this error ?
I understand that the file was uploaded on a web LMS, alright. Still don't know if your course worked locally. Is that the case?
That said, the information you received is not very useful to help me understand what your problem is. Let's try another checklist that might be make more sense:
- as above: is your course working correctly, when viewed locally?
- have you published for LMS?
- have you uploaded it as a scorm object?
- do you have Flash Player on your PC?
At least, version 10.3 as you can see here in the SL2 System Requirements
https://www.articulate.com/support/stor ... toryline-2
- When do you get the blank page? Are you able to upload the scorm correctly and then you get the blank page when playing it, or is it during upload?
- do you have any error message, or just a blank page?